It's a Mom Thing

For Mother's Day (and every day):

My Mother:
Believes I am beautiful inside and out, even when I’m not.
Holds me up in prayer every day, even when I’m being foolish.
Believes that I am talented and smart, even when I make a low grade.
Protected me from many things, even when I didn’t think I needed protecting.
Is thoughtful and thinks about me all the time, even when I forget to send her a card.
Is grateful for every gift I’ve ever given her, even when it wasn’t something she liked.
Believes in me and all I can accomplish, even when I doubt myself.
Knows more than she ever lets on, even when I think I got her fooled.

My Mother-In-Law:
Raised my husband to be the man he is, even one I don’t deserve.
Values my opinion, even when I don’t feel like it counts.
Believes I am a good wife for her son, even when I don’t feel like I am.
Believes I am a good mother for her granddaughters, even when I doubt myself.

Myself as a Mother:
I believe my girls are beautiful inside and out, because they always are.
I hold them up in prayer every day, because God knows their desires.
I believe they are talented and smart, because they are.
I protect them from many things, even when they already feel safe.
I think about them all the time, even though I may not cross their mind.
I am grateful for every gift they have ever given me, because those gifts were perfect.
I believe in them and all they can accomplish, because they need not doubt themselves.
I know more than I’ll ever let on, but I’ll let them believe they fooled me.
I pray they find a man with a mother like my mother-in law, because they deserve one like that.
I value their opinion, because they have much to offer and I can learn from them.
I believe they will be good wives, because I believe in them.
I believe they will be good mothers to my grandchildren, because they are beautiful.

(c)J.M.Amison 2012

Comments

Popular Posts